With all year sunshine and an array of soft sandy beaches, it’s not hard to understand why the island of Tenerife has become a holiday favourite. Here are 6 facts that might just make you want to jump on a plane…
- Tenerife is the largest islands in the whole of the Canary Islands. This means that holiday goers have access to a large range of resorts, beaches and hotels. This also means that there is plenty of different scenery to see and activities to do.
- Teide National Park is the biggest park on the Canary Islands and is a must-see for visitors to Tenerife. In fact, the 2010 film Clash of the Titans used the park as a backdrop.
- Mount Tiede is the focal point of the park and just so happens to be the third biggest volcano in the whole world
- At a 2 kilometre stretch, El Médano is the longest beach on the island. This means that you won’t have any issues struggling to find a spot to relax!
- The island has a famous waterpark, which is the biggest in Europe. It currently has seven world records including the largest man-made wave.
- Tenerife is rather famous for black sand beaches- however these are not due to it being dirty. In fact, this is the colour of the fine volcanic sand. These means that you won’t end up with black feet after a stroll on the beach!
Here at Steve Coster Fitness, we hold training holidays on this wonderful island in order to make exercise more interesting and affordable. We may not hold world records but we do boast the best Personal Trainer Tenerife has to offer. Get in contact with us today to book your holiday of a lifetime and experience this island in a magical, yet slightly sweaty, way!